Thursday, December 28, 2006

5 Things

I received a cyber challenge from Mr. Middlebrow in a sort of chain mail blog kinda way.
So since the gauntlet was thrown here are 5 things you may not know about me.

I Was Prominently Featured on a Movie Poster


But I’m not actually in the movie. I was actually on the cover of several straight to video, really bad B movies that featured washed up Playmates or has been TV stars. If you squint hard enough you might even recognize me.

I’m a Ham Radio Operator


That’s right up there with admitting that I can play the accordion, it’s a real chick-magnet skill that attracts the babes. I carry a small three band radio/scanner everywhere I go. I listen to radio, TV, fire and police and on occasion a stray baby monitor.

I am Always prepared for Nuclear War or a Zombie Uprising


Befitting of my terminal case of angst I carry arould a portable 3-day survival kit that would make even John Jay Rambo proud. I keep it in the manbag.

I’ve Had Surgery Awake


It was the second surgery in a year and I was having some fears about coming out of the anesthesia. I opted for a spinal anesthetic instead and was able to provide the surgical team with a procedure (that was out of date) that helped them in locating the issue. Demerol and Versed combined feels like 6 shots of vodka…now, if they could only come up with something that was like nicotine.



I Paint on Occasion


I carry a small field watercolor kit and paper for those moments far and few in-between where I can escape and paint. I’m not very good so you won’t see my work on the 3 cent stamp any time soon, I do it for the therapeutic value.

- End Chain -

You got your 5 proverbial dish towels ouf of me. I won't impose the curse on anyone else :-)

3 comments:

Mr. Middlebrow said...

I totally did a Dana Carvey as Johnny Carson "Huh, I did not know that" on #1. That's awesome.

Now that you mention it, I can tell it's you--it's the hair.

You should blow that one out into a full post, if only to explain how you came by that particular moment in the sun.

And poor Ali McGraw. I guess love means never having to say no to a straight-to-video movie that even Lifetime would take a pass on.

Mr. Alex said...

I am actually in shot and visible (I assume) in a Hong Kong movie as one of three evil caucasion doctors in white lab coats about to kill the good guy by injecting him with AIDs. Seems like there are faster ways to off someone, but it was the early 90s, it was pretty scary.

Paid like 80 bucks or something, which was enough to pay for my hostel and a few big macs during an unplanned stay in Hong Kong.

d_orlando said...

Excellent! I like the red mohawk it's sporting!